EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Life Coach Certification- Compass Coaching International (2015)
- Applied Skills for Enriching Your Relationship with Yourself and Others- The Virginia Satir Global Network (2005 and 2014)
- Registered Social Service Worker Diploma- Algonquin College (2013)
- Rethinking Anxiety Workshop- Adlerian Counselling & Consulting Group (2013)
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Certification- Crisis Prevention Institute (2013)
- Satir Advance Training Program: Deeper understanding of the Satir Model to facilitate change and transformation with individuals and within groups using the iceberg method developed by Virginia Satir. Researching family roots and their emotional impact. - Satir Learning Centre of Ottawa (SLCO) (2013)
- ASSIST Training- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (2012)
- Practical Language Strategies- Western Quebec School Board (2009)
- Early Childhood Education and Teacher’s Aide Diploma- Thompson Education Direct (2003)
Creative Response to Conflict Resolution for Children and Families Certification- Children Creative Response to Conflict (CCRC) Canada (1998)
Debra Lavigne, RSSW, CC
At the age of 17, I survived a stroke having to unexpectedly learn to cope with my life after a major medical change. After months of physiotherapy, I was able to finish high school and move forward with my career.
By the age of 29 I was married with 4 children. Shortly after I became a single parent when I went through a divorce.
I knew I needed a career change, so at the age of 33 I decided to go back to school. I pursued a career in Early Childhood Education (ECE) and a Teacher's Aide Diploma, which allowed me to work while my children were in school and be available to them weeknights and weekends.
Throughout the years, I have spent my time training with the Satir Learning Centre of Ottawa (SLCO) with individuals and families under the direction of Dr. Janet Christie-Seeley. I have been a workshop facilitator for the SLCO since 2000 and involved with them since 1994. Recently I have become President of their board.
In 2009, I felt I needed another career change. I went back to school once again and graduated from Algonquin College with a diploma in Social Service Work. Working in this field led to my recent training with Compass Coaching International.
- Couples Tune Up and Maintenance Workshop- Satir Learning Centre of Ottawa-Facilitator (2010-2015)
- Genealogical adventures -Our family roots and their emotional impact- Satir Learning Centre of Ottawa-Facilitator (2000-2015)
- How to cope with children ADD/ADHD- Training given by Debra
Copywright © 2016 Debra Lavigne